Sunday, July 1, 2012

Traveling

Traveling is honestly one of my favorite things to do. I always tell people that traveling makes my heart sing. 
You honestly can learn so much about the world we live in and yourself when you travel. When you travel you come across individuals who remind you to have faith in humanity. You learn not just how things are different but how things are the same....How people are the same. Traveling can teach you how to enjoy another culture and how to appreciate your own. 

Already here I have found that:
...there is magic in smiling at strangers, when you don't know that right words
...in the wind and the way it can kiss away the heat
...how sharing a meal can lead to instant friendship
...how time can expand when you stop looking ahead and live in the moment

Despite any apprehensions I may have had before coming here, I was excited to come. I was ready for the challenge. I felt as though I needed something that would help me grow and prepare me for the next stage of my life. I knew I would find that growth here. I wanted an experience that would humble me, and remind me of what life is really all about...what is important.
I may have only been here a week but already I feel myself letting go of any fears I may have had. I feel myself learning how to let go and just live.

So if there is one piece of advice I can and will give to anyone and everyone...it is to travel. If you don't go, then you will never know about what magic this world really possesses. You will never know what you are truly made of and what matters the most to you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment