Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Good Ol' Einstein and Churchill

I read somewhere that inspiration is like showers, it should be repeated often if you really want it to work. I myself am a huge believer in looking to influential people from the past and present for inspiration. I love find quotes from famous people that embody what I believe to be true. So without further adieu I give you two quotes I really love by Albert Einstein and Winston Churchill.

"We need an essentially new way of thinking if mankind is to survive. Men must radically change their attitudes toward each other and their views of the future. Force must no longer be an instrument of politics... Today, we do not have much time left; it is up to our generation to succeed in thinking differently. If we fail, the days of civilized humanity are numbered." 
-Albert Einstein

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give."
 -Winston Churchill


We need to change the paradigm we live in...We must no longer think only of ourselves, but of ourselves as part of something bigger...like a puzzle piece that has its specific part to play to make the bigger picture complete. Only when we learn to work together will we be able to truly make peace within ourselves and the world at large...So take Churchill's advice and try to make a life and not just a living. 


No comments:

Post a Comment