I found this gem of knowledge back when I was still in high school, and I have gone back to it often to remind myself about what life is really all about. But in keeping with the belief that whenever we find something inspiring, real, or true we should share it with the one's we love...I thought I would share it with you all today. I hope it helps you as much as it has helped me.
- You will receive a body. You may like it or hate it, but it's yours to keep for the duration of your life on Earth.
- You will be presented with lessons. You are enrolled in a full-time informal school called, "life."
- There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of experimentation, a series of trials, errors and occasional victories. The failed experiments are as much as a part of the process as the experiments that work.
- Lessons are repeated until learned. Lessons will be repeated to you in various forms until you have learned them. When you have learned them, you can go on to the next lesson.
- Learning does not end. There is no part of life that does not contain less. If you are alive, there are still more lessons to be learned.
- "There" is no better than "here". When your "there" has become "here" you sill simply obtain another "there" that will look better to you than your present "here".
- Others are only mirrors of you. You cannot love or hate something about another person unless it reflects something you love or hate about yourself.
- What you make of your life is up to you. You have all the tools and resources you need. What you do with them is up to you.
- Your answers lie inside of you. All you need to do is look, listen, and trust.
- You will forget all this at birth.
By Dr. Cherie Carter-Scott