Thursday, August 16, 2012

My Best Friend Corinne

Today is my best friend Corinne's Birthday. Corinne and I have known each other since we were five, we went to grad school and high school together. She is the first person I call when I know I am going home, and usually the last one of my friends I say bye to before I leave. 

Since today is her birthday, I decided I should take a break from my photo tour of India with my Mom and Aunt and write about my amazing friend who has bought so much joy to my life over the years. 
She has taught me so many things over the years so today in honor of her Birthday I thought I would share those things with you. 
Some of the things my Corinnja has taught me: 

...how to laugh so hard you cry.

...that the way others define you is not how you should define yourself. You are the only person who can determine who you are and who you want to be.

...when in doubt have a glass of wine, and when with a friend have a bottle. 

...if someone really loves you then they should/will love all of you. This means you shouldn't feel like you have to hide any of yourself from them. The person who loves you is human too and will experience the same embarrassing moments, moments of weakness, or frustration that you do and can ultimately help you move past those moments or laugh about them later.

...that snuggling is good for the heart.

 ...that life is too short not to hug the people we love. And in fact we should hug them whenever the mood strikes us so they know how much we really do care.

...that sitting on a coach catching up with an old friend is one of the best ways to spend your night. 

...that you should always say yes to trying something new with a friend. Even if you end up not liking what you tried it will bring you closer to that person and teach you something in the process. 

...that drama kids are the best kind of crazy. 

...that being yourself is the only person you should ever try and be. 

...that distance and time matter not when a friendship is true. 

...the things we will remember in life aren't time spent at work or in school, but the time spent with the people we love. So always make time in your busy schedule to spend time with your friends and family, because you will regret it later if you don't. 


I feel so blessed to have a friend like Corinne in my life, and I know she is one person I can count on for the rest of my life. 

Love you Corinne! Hope you had a Birthday as special as you are. 




No comments:

Post a Comment