Thursday, August 30, 2012

Getting Started

I have been working diligently the last three weeks to pull together my work and research for this presentation. But as the deadline quickly approaches I realized that there are certain things on my checklist that I have been unintentionally/intentionally avoiding. 

Sushma and I are putting together a documentary and I need to write the voice over script for it, but for whatever reason I just really can't seem to bring myself to do it. I also had plans to write a children's story that could be printed and maybe even turned into a animated series. I wrote the outline for the story over a month ago, but I have yet to even try to sit down and write out the full thing.
 I think I am procrastinating these things and making excuses for myself because they are things I have never done before. I have never written a children's book, and I certainly have never written a voiceover script.
But with only a few days left at DSK before I go to Goa the time to get started on these things is now. 
I know if I don't finish them before Goa it is not that big of a deal, I can finish them later. But with projects like these its hard not to just find another later to get started...So that means I have to make a conscious effort to get started. 

I know getting started on a project is always the hardest part... but what I have forgotten is that once you get going everything else comes along a lot easier.
 So today I am going to make a conscious effort to get started with these two projects. Writing this out to the blog world is my accountability with myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment