Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Family Time

I took last week off blogging because I was traveling around with my Mom and Aunt, who decided my working in India was a perfect excuse to finally come and visit this wonderful country. 
I picked them up late monday night after work. Tuesday and Wednesday we spent taking in the sights around Ahmedabad. Then on Thursday we left for Lake Udaipur, where we stayed till Sunday relaxing and sight seeing when it wasn't raining. On Sunday they went on to see the Taj Mahal and other Indian treasures, while I went back to work.  

There are simply to many pictures to show you in one post so I have decided to break it up and show you a couple of photos every day over the next week. 


 This was the first of many temples we went to. 
It was beautiful and I couldn't help but sneak a few photos. 


Pictured below is one of the Step Wells (there are only two created like this in all of India at least thats what our driver Ritesh told me). 


It was really a beautiful place, probably one of my favorite places that we visited. 


 The detailing was incredible, see exhibit A below.


My Mom and Aunt were really excited to see the camel on the road with all rest of the cars and insisted that we stop to take a picture. 


We stopped at Indroda Nature Park because it was on the way in between other things we had on list of sites to see. It had a botanical garden, a zoo, and park filled with dinosaurs that the Gates Foundation had funded. It was really kind of a funny place but it was nice to get out of the car and walk around for a while. 


Below is the botanical garden part of the nature park. 


We also got to go to Gandhi's Ashram in Ahmedabad, which was the one thing on my list of things to do. 


These two little boys followed me around for a while until they realized I couldn't speak Hindi or Gujarati. It was the one in red's Birthday. 


That is it for pictures today I will post more tomorrow. 



No comments:

Post a Comment