Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Village Life

Yesterday Sushma took me to the local village so we could see the bundle of joy pictured below that just arrived 8 days ago. I took a bunch of photos so that Sushma could give them to the family later. I just wanted to share a few of the photos with you because it was such a beautiful afternoon with all of them. 

 Above is a picture of the Grandmother, Mother and new son






The cow was tied about outside of their house

Above is pictured one of the electricians for Navsarjan and his daughter. He is the uncle of the baby shown above.

Some of the Children who were playing outside. They saw the camera and me and came running to get their photo taken. 
a mother and son
She is 95, and she placed her hands on my head to give me "good wishes" or blessings after I took this photo and showed it to her.
A family portrait in their lovely home.

Pictures of their house... which honestly was a lot bigger and nicer then I thought it would be...Sushma says he is a rich farmer. 
A former student of Navsarjan's little boy...
he was swinging on the side of the road.

One of the delivery cars of Navsarjan. 

India has proven itself to be colorful, beautiful, at times smelly, but so full of culture... and I have only been here a week. The people here have welcomed me in and shown me all they can about their way of life, and what it truly means to be a part of a community. 




No comments:

Post a Comment