Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Old Ahmedabad with Sushma

This past Sunday I went with Sushma (one of my wonderful coworkers...pictured above) to the city to go to the local market. Her cousin came and picked us up after we took a rickshaw into the outskirts of the city. 


 Above is one of the local shops.

 It took us three rickshaws to get from Old Ahmedabad back to campus when we were done with our shopping trip. (Did I mention I live 45 minutes outside Ahmedabad)
Below is a picture of Sushma's Cousin's sons at their family home in old Ahmedabad. They had me over for lunch and made me all of Gujarat's specials. 


 The Local Market in Old Ahmedabad was load, crowded, hectic, colorful, and ultimately a wonderful experience, I am so happy Sushma took me. 
 We stopped and had a delicious snack on the side of the road...don't worry I didn't get sick. 
 

5 Rickshaw Rides...............100 Rupees
Roadside Snack..................120 Rupees
4 Indian Dresses..................670 Rupees
2 Pairs of Leggings..............200 Rupees
2 Pairs of Capri Pants..........160 Rupees
2 Scarfs................................180 Rupees

A Day with Sushma and her family exploring Old Ahmedabad......Priceless!


Yeah I know its corny and overdone...but I had to do it. So excited to see what other adventures, people, and places the next four months introduce me to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment