Thursday, June 28, 2012

Saying Goodbye

Confession time...I am not sure how many of you have ever heard of Pinterest, but this past semester it became one of my favorite past times when I needed something mindless to do after school and work had drained me. (If you don't know what pinterest you should check it out...I promise you find something on it that will make you smile pinterest.com)

The other day while I was taking a break from work I saw a quote on it that resonated with me, it was from Winnie the Pooh. It said, "How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard."

This definitely rings true for me. This past year has been a huge year of transformation and growing up for me...
I started grad school, 
stepped out from the comfort and shelter of my parents financial support (though they still are incredibly helpful and supportive when I need them) 
watch all the rest of my friends finish college, 
said goodbye to my wonderful house and awesome roommates, 
and watched as a number of my truly amazing friends went their separate ways to start the epic next chapter of their lives. 

I really have had the best past four years in San Diego, and although I new I would love India and was excited for the challenge and growth I would experience here...saying goodbye was especially hard this time. Because when I get back in October everything will be different, majority of my best friends and loved ones will no longer be living in San Diego, even half my cohort from my Masters program will be gone. 
I've honestly never been very good at goodbyes to begin with, I tend to get a little emotional sometimes (if you know me...you would be nodding your head to that statement...haha)
but the truth is I am incredibly lucky to have such wonderful people and experiences have blessed me throughout my life thus far...and the fact is life has really just begun for me.
Some of the best days have yet to come.  

So I am going to take the advice of another quote..."Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened" and say a pray or intention of thanks to the universe and all the wonderful people who have made my life so incredibly epic. I love you all, and miss you so much...But I promise I bring you all with me wherever I go for each of your loving light drives me to live life with compassion and loving kindness. 

And I've realized its not really goodbye...its just until our paths cross once again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment