Wednesday, September 5, 2012

My Last Home Cooked Meal With Sushma

I have been away from the blogging world, and all things internet for the past week almost. My broadband internet card really doesn't like the village I live in or the rain. (Though I am happy to report that India finally got the monsoon it was looking for, with over 100% rain fall in August the drought is not going to be nearly as bad as they had previously forecasted.)

My last couple of days at DSK flew by, and now I am in Goa at Navsarjan's strategic planning meeting. But before I left DSK Sushma said she had to cook for me one last time. So friday night before she went home for the weekend she cooked for me and we spent our last night talking together. 



 The food was delicious and spicy as usual. 


 After dinner we decided to go for a walk and stopped by the local store to talk. While we at the store we ran into these two guys who were grabbing a quick bite to eat. The one on the right is Sushma's friend's nephew and the one on the left is his best friend. I swear anywhere we would go we would always run into friends or past students of Sushma's. 


But it was a wonderful last evening with Sushma at DSK, and I can honestly say the thing I am going to miss most about that place is her. She took care of me showing me the ropes and making sure I was always fed. I really am going to miss our late night talks in the garden and her cooking. I learned so much from her these past couple of months, and I can honestly say I am a better person now for having known her. 

Thanks Sushma! I'll miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment